Thursday, August 20, 2009

Only 10 Days!

Bonjour à tous et toutes. Summer is about to end, and I have decided to begin my account of my trip to Paris. I leave in 8 days for Dublin, and will be arriving in Paris in 10!

I have been to France (and Paris) once before. The summer of 2007, my mom and her cousin and her cousin's daughter visited for a week (we spent another week in the South of France). I did a lot of the tourist-y stuff then, and I had the time of my life.


(The Eiffel Tower was excellent, but I did not go up it. I figured I'd save some things to do for next time.)

This time around, I will be living with a host family; a woman who has two children who live with her every other week. I am a little nervous to find out what kind of people they will be. I hope that they are really good cooks and have dogs. I would even accept a cat. Anything furry.

This blog will be an easy place for all of my family and friends to keep up with what I am doing abroad--all of the trips that I will take, the French things I will experience. I will try to post photos or link to an online album so that everyone can see the sights.

A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment