Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ta-ta London

On the final morning, it was pouring (of course). We had managed to get good weather up to that point, so I guess we deserved it. I had wanted to find Charring Cross Road (Where the Leaky Cauldron is. Once again, another Harry Potter thing) so we caught the Tube once again.

I found it right next to Trafalgar Square, which was also next to a free art museum!

Alex and I went in to get out of the rain. The painting "The Ambassadors" was there! I had to write an essay on it to get into Northwestern. It was a much cooler painting in person.

See that blob at the bottom? When you stand on the right side of the painting, it becomes a super-accurate skull. Cool, huh? It was some stance on mortality or something.

I also saw the painting Surprise! by Rousseau. It was a good way to spend a morning.

On our way out, we found another bookstore. I went in and found my final book! Yay! I was really happy after this.

Alex and I went back to our hotel (below is the restaurant we had eaten at the night before) to pick up our stuff. He saw me off on the Tube (we were going to different airports).

Goodbye bright orange hotel!

I bought a large Cadbury bar at Heathrow and sat down to read one of my books. I finished it before I left the ground! It was okay though, because I had another. It was a good distraction from leaving behind a great city.

No comments:

Post a Comment