Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ha det Oslo

My final morning in Oslo had me taking the tram into the City one last time. My stop was near a beautiful lake (which I didn't get a chance to see) where a lot of people come to walk. It was raining that morning, and it was also pretty muddy. There were a couple of cute muddy dogs on the tram with me!

There is a famous sculpture garden in Oslo that I knew would be good for a short visit before I had to get back on the bus. Vigeland is a famous Norwegian sculptor. His stuff was really good, but very strange.

Like this pillar made out of humans stacked on top of each other:





This is one of my favorites because it makes no sense. A man shaking off babies:



The ironwork there was also really impressive.

After about a half-hour of walking around, I knew I needed to leave. As I exited the park, I saw a statue of some famous Norwegian figure skater right by the public outdoor skating rink.

Back on the bus, I settled in to doing the homework that I had avoided the entire weekend. I kept stealing glances out the window though, and was able to say a proper goodbye to Norway.


I got to the airport early enough to spend my remaining Kroner on some duty-free Norwegian chocolates (amazing!) before getting on the airplane. I was sad to be going back to Paris.

On the bright side, there was a beautiful sunset the entire flight home:


I know I will go back to Norway one day. Hopefully that day will be sooner rather than later. I am going to nag my family until we make some plans for a fjord cruise! I know that I want to visit once in the summer to see the beautiful fjords and once in the winter in order to ski and see the northern lights! Until then, I have to say "Ha det!" (goodbye) to Oslo.

No comments:

Post a Comment