Friday, October 9, 2009

Birthday Fun

Many people over here in Europe are turning 21. My friend Sam, for example, just celebrated her 21st last Friday. On one hand, turning 21 in Europe I am sure feels a little less special. After all, no one cards you. If you look like you're at least 18 there are no hassles. On the other hand, you get to celebrate your birthday in Paris!

It's a trade-off.

One of my friends lives in a large apartment with a woman who went away for the weekend last weekend, and she said that she could have some friends over. We all planned it out. We would go over to Ashley's apartment to have some cake before heading out somewhere more social.

Unfortunately, almost every grocery store known to man was closed by the time we got near her apartment, so we had to nix getting a cake for Sam. What did we do instead, do you ask?

Only surrounded a vanilla candle with various store-brand cookies and crocodile gummies. Can you say best birthday cake ever?

We had fun doing a photo shoot using the auto timer on Ashley's camera too. Two of my favorites included:
"Precious"
and when we convinced Sam to let us pick her up:
After leaving Ashley's apartment, we went to a place that had promised us karaoke (at which I was going to do a lovely rendition of "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield or "I'm Sailing Away" by Styx with my friend Emily who is a Styx enthusiast. Or maybe both.

Unfortunately, by the time we got in and payed a cover charge, we realized that there was no karaoke that night (boo!). Instead there was dancing. I mostly watched people's jackets and bags. I am not much of a dancer. Oh well. Fun birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment