Thursday, October 8, 2009

What's coming up

I am getting very excited about all the traveling I have coming up, so I figured I'd let you in on what I am going to do!

I am debating whether to figure something out for next weekend. It depends on how expensive a week-end trip would be. But anyways.

Starting October 24, I have a week off class for "Toussaint" (all saints) holidays. For the first half, it looks as though I will be joining some fellow classmates for some time in Italy (if that doesn't work, maybe Germany). For the second half, I am going to meet up with Alex in London! (I am particularly excited to be finally going to London! I have wanted to go FOR EVER. At least since my Harry Potter/the Beatles fixations began.)

The weekend after that, I am heading to the great white North! OSLO!!! Tickets were cheap and I decided I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by. I am really excited to practice my Norwegian skills and to eat authentic food. Maybe I will find some Johnsons there. (Hahaha...) It would be pretty cool if I found a Tweten though.

The weekend of November 13 I will be heading with a lot of other people from my program to Amsterdam. What would be even better about this trip is that I might be able to see my dad if he can book a trip for the same time. I will be staying in Amsterdam for a few nights, then taking a train directly to Brussels, Belgium. The EU is headquartered there so we are going for a class field trip. One night there then back to Paris.

I also have the traditional days of Thanksgiving off, and so am flying over to Ireland to spend more time there with Alex. I didn't see much of Dublin the first time I went there, and it will be fun trying to make a Thanksgiving(ish) dinner for Alex and his roommates. I promised I would at least bake a pie for them if they let me sleep on their couch.

Then, two weeks later, I will be winging my way home. It all seems so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment